Guided Climb to Forbidden Peak West Ridge by Alpine Ascents
Forbidden Peak, Washington, USA
- 08/13/2022 to 08/16/2022
- 08/27/2022 to 08/30/2022
This guided climb of Forbidden Peak in the North Cascades will test your technical skill on snow and rock, while landing you a coveted North American peak. The 4-day trek explores the West Ridge, featured in the book, “Fifty Classic Climbs of North America.” Through Alpine Ascents, you’ll also gain hands-on training in rock climbing, steep snow movement, belaying, rappelling, rope management and more technical skills.Read More
The 2:1 climber-to-guide ratio ensures safety and personalization that will help you become a better all-around climber. At the summit, you’ll be treated to glacier vistas, alpine lakes and towering peaks, including Johnnesburg. Along the way, you’ll enjoy views of the San Juan Islands and many of the Cascade Volcanoes.
The trip price includes all group climbing equipment, tents and on-mountain meals. Alpine Ascents provides a detailed gear list with everything you’ll need to bring before approaching Forbidden Peak. You’ll also find training plans to help you decide when you’re ready.
This Escape Is For
- Intermediate climbers looking to improve snow and rock climbing skills with personalized training
- Advanced climbers looking to summit one of North America's most coveted peaks
- Climbers who aspire to higher international peaks looking to gain experience with rock and steep snow climbs
What Else To Know
- Prior experience with backpacking and camping is required.
- If you do not have sufficient rock climbing experience, you may need to complete a prep course.
- Climbers should be prepared to carry a 40-55 pound pack.
Alpine Ascents's Values
An official partner of Leave No Trace, Alpine Ascents has a global reputation for safety and sustainability. The team stresses ethical and culturally aware travel practices with every climb, trek and expedition it offers.
Starting AtBook Now
More From Alpine Ascents
Practice big mountain climbing in beautiful Ecuador with Alpine Ascents on this 16-day climb to Cotopaxi, Cayambe and Chimborazo.
Join Alpine Ascents for a unique, 8-day trek into Alaska's wilderness. This guided trek requires no technical backcountry experience.