Exploring the Andes: Trail Running Retreat in Ecuador by Trail Run Adventures
- 11/05/2022 to 11/12/2022
This 8-day trail running adventure will take you through the High Andes of Ecuador, home to rich wildlife, sapphire lagoons and ancient volcanoes. Designed for runners seeking the challenge of altitude and technical terrain, the retreat incorporates running and hiking through national parks, paramo landscapes and local villages.Read More
Highlights include views of the Cayambe, Imbabura and Cotacachi volcanoes from the Cotacachi-Cayapas Ecological Reserve, diverse wildlife in Pasochoa, and a chance to see Andean Condors on your way to Limpiopungo Lagoon.
You'll stay in local haciendas and eco-lodges, feast on local food, and experience the culture of Ecuador's Andean villages. Since most days will include 3 to 6 hours of running, hiking and other outdoor activities, you'll enjoy this retreat most if you have a base level of fitness and enjoy being in nature. You will reach an elevation of 14,000 feet above sea level, so some experience with altitude is also recommended.
This Escape Is For
- Busy professionals who crave adventure, but don't have time to plan trip details
- Runners of all paces who seek the challenge of high mountain trails with the support of expert guides
- Adventurers looking to meet like-minded runners in a fun, social environment
What Else To Know
- If you don't prefer to run or hike on a given day, there will always be alternative activities.
- All runs are led by a guide. Many also include a support vehicle.
- You have the option to extend your trip with an adventure into the Amazon.
Trail Run Adventures's Values
Trail Run Adventures is passionate about cultural immersion and chooses local, eco-friendly accommodations whenever possible. The company also actively supports two nonprofits to benefit children: SisuGirls and Children of Uganda. Read more here: https://www.trailrunadventures.com/we-support
Starting AtBook Now
EcuadorRunning RetreatsToursfeaturedtrail running